IONI Pro Servo & Stepper Drive
IONI is a digital motor drive designed for driving AC/BLDC and DC servo motors and steppers. IONI allows controlling motors in all three operating modes: position control, velocity control and torque control (torque mode only with servo motors).
Granite Devices Online Store takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We take many precautions to ensure that the information we collect is secure and inaccessible by anyone outside of our organization. These precautions include advanced access controls to limit access to that
Shipping Costs Shipping costs are based on the weight of your order and the delivery method. To find out how much your order will cost, simply add the items you would like to purchase to your cart and proceed to the checkout page. Once at the checkout screen, shipping charges will be displayed.
We give you plenty of time to use the servo & stepper drive products before you decide whether to keep it or not. Granite Devices accepts product returns within three week period from delivery and pays the full amount back - no questions asked! The refund policy is worldwide and automatically app
IONI Pro is a digital motor drive designed for driving AC/BLDC and DC servo motors and steppers. IONI allows controlling motors in all three operating modes: position control, velocity control and torque control (torque mode only with servo motors). Applications of such control methods include
- Position control, such as CNC, robotics and 3D printing
- Velocity control, such as spindles or feeders
- Force / torque control, such as racing simulator wheel
Commands to IONI drive can be delivered in many formats and from many sources, such as PC, PLC, microcontroller (i.e. Arduino, MBED and OEM boards) or embedded computers like Raspberry Pi. IONIunderstands several forms of setpoint commands:
- Step & direction digital signals (typical stepper drive interface, good for position control)
- Analog +/-10V signal (good for speed or torque control)
- PWM signal (good for speed or torque control)
- RS485 serial bus (talks SimpleMotion V2 bus protocol, open source library available)
As motor is not included, make sure that you have, or obtain a motor that is compatible with IONI.
Servo motor requirements:
- Permanent magnet brush-DC, AC, brushless or linear motor
- Motor voltage rating 12-60 VDC (IONI supply voltage is 5 – 52 VDC)
- Motor current rating 0.5 – 15A (IONI maximum output is 15A)
- Servo motor must be equipped with an incremental encoder (position sensor) with resolution of 100 to 1000000 pulses per revolution.
Stepping motor requirements:
- Two-phase stepping motor with 0.5 – 10A current rating, no feedback device needed. Can be used in position and velocity control mode. Torque control mode not possible with stepper.
IONI VS IONI PRO
FULL SPECIFICATIONS & DOCUMENTATION
Before purchase, take a look on IONI specifications & documentation on Wiki
REQUIRED & OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES
- One SimpleMotion V2 USB adapter is necessary for software based configuration of IONI. Also RJ45 Ethernet cable (not cross-linked type) is needed (not supplied by GD).
- IONICUBE or IONICUBE 1X motherboard is highly recommended with IONI drives for easier wiring